Who is Radiant?
With profits being donated to charity, our goal is to support and empower help seekers to take control of their mental wellbeing by connecting them to the right support that fits their needs.
Radiant is a social enterprise of Relationships Australia NSW that bridges the gap between those seeking mental health support and those trained and qualified to provide it.
We recognise that finding a mental health professional that suits you can be tough. This is why we aim to guide people in asking the right questions when looking for professional help. We provide informative profiles that will connect you directly with a professional that suits your unique preferences.
Finding the ‘Right Fit’
At Radiant, our goal is to make the process of finding the right mental health professional easier – and it’s completely free.
Our online platform allows you to choose the right person for your specific needs. Just like physical health, mental health comes in various different forms and severity and everyone deserves a chance to feel their best. We’re passionate about making it easy for you to find the right match because we know that’s the best way to make a positive difference in your life.
- The first is being aware the person is having an mental health issue, whether that be due to stigma, being worried that someone may treat them differently, or they may not be understood, or the person feels their issue is not as bad as their friends problems.
- Secondly, is the availability of quality, services that will meet their particular needs, in a place that is convenient, at a price that can be afforded.
- Lastly, it is connecting the first and second barriers, that is, when you’ve determined you need to speak to a professional – how do you find someone that is right for you? This is the area that Radiant looks to solve.
R U OK?’s mission is to inspire and empower everyone to meaningfully connect with people around them and support anyone struggling with life.
Batyr is a for purpose preventative mental health organisation, created and driven by young people, for young people. Batyr #SmashesTheStigma surrounding mental ill-health and empowers young people to reach out for support. Radiant have been working with Batyr in Universities particularly UTS.
Supporters and Funders
- Google.org The Google.org Impact Challenge supports organisations creating a better future through technology. Radiant was a 2018 grant winner. Learn more here.
- City of Sydney We acknowledge the funding we have received from The City of Sydney. This project aims to support the mental health of UTS students by helping them connect with local mental health professionals using the Radiant online platform.
Are you a Mental Health Professional?
If you’re a psychologist, clinical psychologist, counselling psychologist, counsellor, mental health social worker or psychotherapist looking for new clients then contact us to appear on our website.
By becoming a professional on our website, Radiant provides a cost-effective marketing service that enables you to gain access to new clients who can benefit from your skills.
Radiant acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land and waters on which we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging for they carry the cultural wisdom, stories, traditions and dreaming.
With the majority of businesses requesting employers to work from home, restaurants and cafés only open for takeaway, most entertainment spaces shut down, and the government encouraging social distancing – we’re left to fend for ourselves in the safest place: at home....read more
The following article is written by Ana Kardum. She is a counsellor based in the Northern Beaches. A strong body of research links stressful environmental events with the likelihood of later non-specific changes in health, even if the original change presents as...read more
The incessant updates of Coronavirus (COVID-19) have caused nation-wide panic buying of essential items and drastic measures to keep safe. Countries are implementing extreme quarantine measures, shutting down borders, schools, and stopping unnecessary travel. While...read more